Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Crypto: 25 growth rates over 3 periods


In my previous post I looked at growth rates for the top 25 crypto currencies by using liner regression on their closing prices for the previous year. My intent was to justify my feeling that one ought to focus on bitcoin (BTC) only and ignore the other alternative coins. Unfortunately, that wasn’t supported by the growth rates over the past tear. However, looking at the graph for BTC and VEN (Vechain) one can see both coins were dormant over the 1st six months of the year followed by rapid growth in the last quarter of 2017 and a rapid fall in the 1st quarter of 2018. I decided to do the same growth analysis for the last 2 quarters and the 1st quarter of 2018. The following link is to a chart containing the growth rates.


The coins with a growth rate greater than BTC in each period are shaded in yellow. The coin identifiers that are shaded in yellow are those with growth rates exceeding BTC in all 3 periods.
The fact that 5 of the 25 coins had growth rates better than BTC causes me to pause. I think I’ll need to take a more detailed look at these.
I’ve updated my sharable file with the detailed growth rate data for all 3 periods. You can find and download it at;
Follow me on Twitter @ole44bill and I’ll tweet when I have a new post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Run line analysis update

I looked back and had very slight profit on run line wagers in 2018. So, I decided to update my run line analysis from a year ago. I pos...